Metal roofing offers several advantages, making it a popular choice for residential and commercial buildings. Northwest Quality Roofing actually manufacturers the metal panels right on site. We have our own standing Seam metal-roofing-rollformer machine. This makes our metal installs much more efficient. We can run panels to exact sizes with no constriction on length. We also manufacture all of our own custom flashings in-house with our computerized brake.
Ten Advantages of Metal Roofing for homes in Bend and Central Oregon:
1. Durability: Metal roofs are known for their longevity and durability. They can withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain, snow, hail, and high winds. Metal roofing materials are resistant to cracking, warping, and other common issues associated with traditional roofing materials. A perfect material for Central Oregon.
2. Longevity: Metal roofs have a longer lifespan compared to many other roofing materials. With proper maintenance, a metal roof can last 50 years or more, which may make having to replace your roof unnecessary.
3. Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs are reflective and often coated with reflective pigments, helping to reflect the sun’s rays and reduce heat absorption. This can result in lower energy bills by keeping the building cooler in hot weather. Metal roofing may help to reduce your summer energy bills.
4. Lightweight: Metal roofing materials are typically lightweight compared to other roofing materials like concrete tiles or slate. This can reduce the overall load on the structure and may eliminate the need for additional structural support.
5. Resistant to Fire: Metal is non-combustible, making metal roofs resistant to fire. This can be a crucial advantage in areas prone to wildfires. This may be a critical advantage for homes in Central Oregon.
6. Low Maintenance: Metal roofs require minimal maintenance compared to other roofing materials. They are less susceptible to issues such as rotting, mold, and insect damage.
7. Recyclability: Metal roofing materials are often made from recycled metal, and they are fully recyclable at the end of their lifespan. This makes metal roofing an environmentally friendly option.
8. Aesthetic Variety: Metal roofs come in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes, providing homeowners and builders with design flexibility to match the architectural style of the building.
9. Weather Resistance: Metal roofing is highly resistant to weather elements, including snow, ice, and heavy rain. This resistance helps prevent water leakage and damage to the structure. You need not worry about winter ice dams with a metal roof.
10. Increased Property Value: The durability, longevity, and energy efficiency of metal roofing can contribute to an increase in the overall property value.
While metal roofing has numerous advantages, it’s essential to consider factors such as upfront cost, installation complexity, and regional climate conditions when deciding on the best roofing material for a specific project.